30 Jan Is Your Business a Social Enterprise? We Want to Help You!
Here at The Allyson Group, we’re about to relaunch this content creation thing with a clearer brand focus.
Why? Because we need to become a match for the kind of work we’re doing.
After being known as “general business” writers, editors, and PR people for a long time, The Allyson Group is expanding in 2019 to serve clients who identify as social-impact businesses or social enterprises.
Is your business a “social enterprise?” We want to help you elevate your message and extend your reach. Attract the people who can help you, as volunteers, funders, partners – tribe. Let’s get you to your tribe.
Better yet, let’s use better brand messaging to get them coming to you.
What’s a social enterprise? Glad you asked!
Social Enterprise Alliance suggests the following basic working definition:
Organizations that address a basic unmet need or solve a social or environmental problem through a market-driven approach.
The Good Trade describes it this way:
Think of it this way–a social enterprise exists to achieve a social mission–such as providing healthcare or safe drinking water…, introducing renewable energy, creating jobs for the unemployed, or advancing education initiatives.
The L3C – or “Low-profit Limited Liability Company ” – designation identifies the social enterprise business for IRS tax purposes, and Grant Space at The Foundation Center offers this definition of the L3C:
…a for-profit with a nonprofit soul
This social enterprise / L3C segment of business is growing in strength and power quickly because:
- Young capitalists believe in business as a force for good
- More and more consumers actually care where their stuff comes from and , increasingly, they shop their values
- The internet has connected us to the whole world – so that we see the PEOPLE on the other end of our government’s policy decisions, our businesses’ operational decisions, and our own buying decisions
- More and more millenials refuse to work in meaningless jobs
- Because we can. With all the new tools available – many of them for FREE, it’s possible to make a HUGE impact without a fortune in seed capital – with just a vision and a plan
We are excited about it.
To be clear: we are already doing this work. That’s how we know we love these fledgling enterprises. They are energetic! Some have already had a measure of success–and need only to uplevel their brands to start attracting serious money. Some are bootstrapping a startup with just their passion and a lot of heart.
Know anyone who needs us? Please send them to this page where they can schedule a time to talk through their project.
We do pay referral bonuses – so there’s a little something in it for you too!
We ask people: “Are you seeking earned income through the activities of your business – while executing a mission to do good in the world? We just might be your communications team. Give us a call to talk about it!”